Friday, April 19, 2019

Zach Thomas

Zach Thomas made seven Pro Bowls during his twelve years with the Dolphins, and he played his 13th and final NFL season with the Cowboys.  One of the all-time great Linebackers, I believe Thomas deserves a spot in the Hall of Fame.  This one is a special return for me, as I met Thomas at a local sports card shop more than 20 years ago when I was a little kid and he was a rookie.  He talked with me and my brother, took a picture with us, and signed autographs for us.  We met him a second time in a local bowling alley, and he remembered us.  I rooted for him throughout his career, always following how he did.  Because of him, the Dolphins were my third favorite football team (behind the Cowboys and the Patriots) for a long time.  I was thrilled when he came to Dallas, though his career was nearly over by then.  Zach is a great guy.  It means a lot to a ten-year-old boy whenever a star NFL player takes time to make his day, and it's something I'll never forget.  Thanks, Zach!

Mailed: 4-8-19
Received Back: 4-19-19
Turnaround Time: 11 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment